L8 CE is a new product introduced in the world of three-dimensional visualization.
This is a Community Edition license with an unbeatable price of € 88 for the well known L8 product. The difference with the full commercial version is that it does not use a USB key, updates and support are limited to one year from the moment of activation, as well as some restrictions on the number of DMX inputs and the number of fixtures. The L8 CE license uses the same code and libraries as the full L8 software, and can be easily unlocked with a USB key plugged in.
For all of our professional users, the L8 CE may be a good solution for simultaneously using the software on a pre-programming workstation and for everyone else involved in the process of creating the show.
For those who want to know the full power of L8 visualization technology, this is the first step to study with.Review by Amir Cohen @ACX
+ 64 fixtures limitation.
+ 2 universes of DMX input with Art-Net or sACN protocols.
+ DMX output with Art-Net or additional USB interface.
+ Animated 3D Textures (cyclic animation of any texture).
+ Mirror reflection surfaces.
Hardware system requirements
-Videocard nVidia/AMD (not Intel)
-RAM 8+ Gb
-OS Windows 8+
The serial number will be emailed to you after payment is confirmed. It usually takes 5-30 minutes if you used "Buy a Serial now!" and it may take one business day if you use "Add to Cart" to checkout at the store.
The serial number can only be used on one computer. After registration, changing the Windows, computer name or hardware configuration (except for the video card) is not possible.
Updates and technical support will be provided within 1 year from the moment of activation. After a year, the software can still be used, but without new libraries.
Simple rules for proper license activation
1. Use the only computer on which you want to activate the license.
2. Use only a genuine Windows license (hacked Windows will change its serial number, so you may lose activation).
3. Update Windows and all hardware drivers.
4. Download the L8 software and install it.
5. If you have a third-party antivirus, add the c:\L8_ folder to the list of trusted folders (you do not need to do this for the standard Windows defender).
6. Launch the L8 software, enter the serial number, your username/company, a valid email address, select any PIN to unlock your license.
*Please note that the software takes into account the name of your primary hard drive. This may not be correct if you are booting with a connected USB drive. When starting the software, be sure to disconnect all USB drives.