View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 how to build 3D to get right groups Of objects in LC 
active user

License: Unlimited
Videocard: gtx780M
Hi.
I never asked as I explored by myself and discovered that containers in 3DS were acting like group. So if I have a full stage, I created one container for desk, one for led tubes, one for people for example... Then in LC, while importing my 3dl file I could get back my grouping. So 3 distinct objects were imported as following my previous example.
Today I can't get what I want... Even if I create different containers only 2 groups of objects are imported while I should get 5 (I still see all of them)
So I'm here to ask what is the right creation process in 3ds to split out scene in different group. If you have some tips, it would be highly appreciated.
Tx folk

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:48 pm
architector

Videocard: TitanX
nicolight wrote:
I created one container for desk, one for led tubes, one for people for example...
This example is bad. To minimize over-render, each container should be one place maximum concentrated. LC also adds it´s own optimization on that. If you want to divide containers - use different layers on them.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
active user

Ok.
I'm actually trying to figure out what is acting how.
Till now layers never divided my scene in LC.
If I'm right, I should creat only one containers (to avoid render process in Lc). Under that I have to use layers!?

I'm not sure understand properly. Would you mean we have to use as less as possible objects in LC?

For a better understanding, could you give me the right way to build? (The goal is still to have differents objects in LC in order to apply video for example and be able to change reflection in LC)
Thank you.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:15 pm
active user

To illustrate what I'm telling, a picture:
The 3 first cubes (on left) are built like 1 container/3 layers. I get 1 object in LC
The 3 cubes on the right are built like 3 containers. I get 3 objects in LC

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:34 pm
architector

nicolight wrote:
I'm not sure understand properly. Would you mean we have to use as less as possible objects in LC?
Where I wrote that?
In every 3D topic I repeated the same: one big object in LC is much slower than some quantity of smaller ones. The best for performance if you duplicates small objects directly in LC.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
active user

I'm simply trying to understand.
By using more than one container (which create multi object in LC) you tell me its a wrong example.
what should I do finally?

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:56 pm
architector

nicolight wrote:
I created one container for desk, one for led tubes, one for people for example...
nicolight wrote:
By using more than one container (which create multi object in LC) you tell me its a wrong example.
How many led tubes you have, are all of them located in one place? The same is for people. That´s why that´s bad.

One container should be balanced in physical size and geometry weight. If you have less than 10k vertices on 4m - that´s good, if your container has 100k vertices and 50m on bounding size - that´s bad.
The best as I said - if you import one, for example, 1m size and duplicate it directly in LC.

As for Layers - they must be separated after import to LC. If not - put your file here and report an issue.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next