View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:56 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hog 3pc connectivity question 
user

License: Unlimited
Videocard: GTX 1060
Can anyone help me in setting up this network?

I am running LC on my Mac pro and Hog3pc on my mac book via a cat 5 crossover. Both are the latest versions of the software and have the wholehog connectivity drivers installed. I have worked through the manual and the connectivity manual without any success

When i open LC the wholehog dp pops up, the program confirms that connectivity driver is detected, but it cannot find the network. In the Hog network window i know there is a network as I can switch the Hog net adapter to "Gigabit Ethenert controller" as shown in the manual.

Am i manually setting different ip addresses on both computers as well as on the hog3pc? Does this apply to the gateway, netmask, and DNS as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I know its really simple!

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 am
architector

Videocard: TitanX
What Windows did you used on your Macs? Bootcamp or not?
Can you ping each others pcs (command prompt, ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)?

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 am
Profile WWW
user

Im using bootcamp. When I tried to ping the other comp it said destination host unreachable. LC is version 308 and hog 3pc is version 3.0.5 Heres what I did

Hog3pc computer IP set to 172.31.0.2 subnet mask 255.255.0.0
DNS Server 127.0.0.1

LC Computer IP set to 172.31.0.3 subnet mask 255.255.0.0
DNS server 127.0.0.1

Hog3pc Console Ip set to Defualt and Enable DHCP and Boot server
IP is 172.31.0.1 Gateway is 172.31.0.1 Netmask is 255.255.0.0 DNS is 127.0.0.1

Im using a cat 5 crossover cable. I can no longer select a network adapter in the hog 3pc control/network preferences. Does this mean there is no active network? What am i doing wrong here?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm
architector

1. Without the router DNS server is not available and you should left it blank.
2. Without the router Gateway is not available and you should left it blank.
3. Without the router DHCP server is not available and you should set fixed IP addresses on all network computers. 172.31.0.1, 172.31.0.2, 172.31.0.3.
4. Crossover cable is needed only if you used old Ethernet adapters. All modern adapters has automatically in/out mapping. If you see in taskbar icon that network connection is limited - the cable is the problem.
5. You can test the networking only after the physical connection become available and ping IP1 from pc with IP2 working.

Hope this helps. :wink:

ADD: Hog3PC may be runed on the same PC with LIGHTCONVERSE in dualview screen mode. You also need working network for this. If network not available than you can up Microsoft Loopback Adapter with a needed IP.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
user

I succesfully (or so I thought) set up a connection between the two computers via a gigabite switch. I changed the 3pc (and the computer that it is on) IP to 172.31.0.2 as the default was already in use by some other adapter on the computer. The LC computer's IP is 172.31.0.2 with the same Gateway and a mask of 255.0.0.0

I can ping each computers IP from the command prompt which proves that there is a connection. The Hog3pc computer shows in network settings of xp that it is sending. However in the same window on the LC computer it shows that it is not receiving anything. Does this seem wierd?

In the Hog3pc networks tap the network status is "Up" but I cannot select the network adapter. Ive selected use boot server only and custom IP.

So as a result when I load LC the hog connectivity driver still comes up and is unable to connect. Any suggestions?

I do realize that this can be used on one computer but I find it difficult to operate HogPC on only one screen which is why i wanted to network the two computers.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:59 am
architector

LIGHTCONVERSE in dualview screen mode meant that you have two monitors, LIGHTCONVERSE on one and anything other on second.

If you using the Switch, instead the Router, do not setup DNS and Gateway addresses! Each network adapter should have unique IP, depend of network that is connected!!!

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Support Team

Interface: 2048U
Videocard: GeForce GT 555M
Hi Ian,

Give me a call anytime: 1-866-922-9088

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]