View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 limited Mapping of video textures 
user

License: no
Videocard: 570 GTX
Hi, Gord, Demitry.

Mainly I use LC to simulate pyro effects and other effects. which require quite number of video texture mapping, in LC manual I realized LC 'Supports up to 32 video streams. Adaptive resolution and playback control. Mapping of video streams in real-time with light.'

is there any way I can increase number of video stream capability? (perhaps 60 or even up to 100??)

I understand I could use one video source per effects, but due to individual control through DMX signal require me to use each individual source per dmx signal

Maybe increasing number of video stream (texture mapping) effect performance of LC in playback control, but I am willing to try it out.

I am prepared with

Dual SLI nvidia 570 GTX
i7 quad core 2.93 ghz
64gb SSD and 1TB 7200 RPM harddrive
8gb Memory
Window 7 64bit

Thank you!

Terry Park

*ps. to test out dual sli on lightconverse should I create individual profile for LC? or nvidia control panel will override with dual sli automatically?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:14 am
architector

License: Unlimited
Videocard: TitanX
Hi Terry,
yes, it's possible to increase playbacks quantity, but
Quote:
I understand I could use one video source per effects, but due to individual control through DMX signal require me to use each individual source per dmx signal

we need a reason to do that. Could you please explain your project?

I'd like to note, that you are not limited in quantity of video mappings. Your 32 playbacks can be mapped to 1000 objects, no problem. Also from v51 you can map two textures per object, which increase that to 2000.

For SLI please look here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=487

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
user

License: no
Videocard: 570 GTX
Hi Demitry,

I attached video clip to explain it to you what I am trying to do with LC and where I am having a problem

In this video clip,
I wrote simple comet chase cue followed by all fire cue

Each comets are assigned as individual DMX address

For Gold comet cue, I used individual video clips (source) per each plane as video texture (total 17 of them - each plane/object has its own video clip as video texture )

for Blue comet cue, I applied one single video clip to each plane (every plane/object using one/same video texture )

As you can see, when blue comet is chasing while overlapping each other, object can not playback video texture from beginning (but when they fire together at same time or doing chase cue without overlapping each other result are fine)

do you think there is alternative solution / settings without using individual video texture per each effect?

Thank you,

Terry Park

*please let me know if you can not see video clip, ill try to email it to you then

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:36 pm
architector

License: Unlimited
Videocard: TitanX
You are right, it seems that you'll need more than 32 video playbacks. :? But in one case all of them should run together without lag. It's not a good idea.
Even special designed top-level mediaservers can't do that with about 32 layers.

One possible way - you can link to LC with Ethernet, for example, 9 Hippotizer Critter media servers. Each of them can drive 8 layers separately. So you'll have simulation for 72 comets. Additional capturing hardware is not needed.

I think, will be much better to make a comet by video-textured 3D model. Then patch to DMX it motion/size and RGB. It's simply and let you do the trick.

Unfortunately you still have not fill your profile, so I can't see your license model. To make objects animated you will need Unlimited license.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]